Full-coverage foundation is not only for your face. There are many ways you can use it as body makeup. Whether it’s to conceal a tattoo, to cover up acne or leg veins for a night out, Dermablend is the best body-covering brand, according to dermatologists. Chelsea Bice, National Makeup Artist & Head of Education for Canada, shares some tricks for a perfect finish from head to toe.
Even though they are a beautiful way to express yourself, tattoos are a long-term commitment. If you want or need a temporary break, Dermablend body makeup can hide it all for 16 hours or more.
Scars caused by surgery or trauma can be reminders of events from the past that you may not want to explain to the world. No matter the size or colour, Dermablend’s cover-up body makeup is able to hide them and make you forget about them for up to 16 hours or more.
Leg veins, stretch marks and bruises
Stuck with leg veins, stretch marks or bruises? Dermablend’s body makeup can give you back the confidence to wear shorts, skirts or bathing suits.
Little red bumps on the back of your arms that look like “chicken skin” can be concealed with Dermablend. Wearing short sleeves won’t be a problem.
Body acne usually targets shoulders, back and chest. You shouldn’t have to cover up those areas. Dermablend’s body makeup won’t make acne problems worse by clogging pores. They are in fact non-comedogenic, sensitive skin-tested and dermatologist-tested.
How to apply
Dermablend’s body makeup products can provide a full coverage, long-lasting, smudge-, transfer- and water-resistant wear, as long as they’re properly applied.
Perfect for smaller areas and tattoos, this foundation stick is available in 10 different shades.
- Cover the area by making short strokes.
- Tap to add enough coverage, then blend edges into surrounding skin.
- A generous amount of Loose Setting Powder can provide a 16-hour wear. Leave on for a few minutes then gently buff off excess.
This moisturizing liquid body foundation provides full coverage for larger areas along with broad-spectrum SPF 25. It is available in 12 different shades.
- Apply in long strokes in the direction of hair growth.
- Tap with a makeup sponge to blend and let it dry for one to two minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for more coverage. Let dry for three to five minutes.
- A generous amount of Loose Setting Powder can provide 16-hour wear. Leave on for 10 minutes then gently buff off excess.
*Apply to clean, dry skin, without any moisturizer or sunscreen.
Make the most of your Dermablend body makeup
Some expert tips can help you master the body makeup techniques.
- Rather than rubbing, make sure you use a tapping or stippling motion when blending body makeup. It will prevent smudging.
- Give body foundation a chance to fully dry before applying a generous amount of setting powder, especially if multiple layers are applied.
- Using a body foundation that’s one to two shades darker than your natural skin colour can give you that instant self-tanner effect.
- You can create the illusion of muscle definition and other body contouring with Dermablend’s body makeup.
- If you get your skin wet while wearing Dermablend’s body foundation, slowly blot to dry, but don’t rub.
- Quick Fix™ Concealer can also be used on the body. (Follow the application tips for long-lasting wear.)
- Cover Creme Foundation, available in 21 shades, is also an alternative for the body if you can’t find the perfect shade for yourself in Leg and Body Makeup or Quick Fix Body.
Enhance your Dermablend body foundation
Once you get the hang of all the application tips, take your skills to another level with these extra body makeup moves.
- Add some Illuminating Banana Powder to your body foundation for a warm and luminous finish.
- Apply Insta-Grip™ Jelly Makeup Primer before Dermablend’s body makeup, and fix it with a Setting Powder. This will make your body makeup last up to 24 hours.
The Dermablend difference
As the #1 body coverage brand recommended by dermatologists, Dermablend has an advantage over the competition. Leg and Body Makeup keeps the skin hydrated all day and protected by a broad-spectrum SPF 25 while providing complete coverage in a dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free formula. Dermablend is the only one that can promise 16-hour smudge- and transfer-resistant wear (when used with one of our setting powders).