Do you have sensitive skin? If so, you will no doubt agree that it’s not always easy finding anti-aging skincare that meets all your needs. By understanding the causes of your skin’s particular vulnerability, which increases with the passage of time, and by choosing specifically formulated anti-aging products you can help keep it young and beautiful for years to come.
Uneven skin tone: a distinguishing feature of aging sensitive skin
Wrinkles, sagging tissue, and pigmentation are three classic clinical signs of skin aging. But there are more—redness, particularly common in sensitive skin, results in a less uniform skin color, making it look older than it really is.
Extreme sensitivity, exacerbating the ravages of time
Skin aging is the result of a combination of both internal and external factors.
Natural aging, caused by slower cell renewal, causes:
- Dry skin
- Superficial wrinkles on the skin’s surface
- Loss of firmness
- Deep wrinkles in the dermis
Environmental factors such as sun, pollution, and stress:
- Stimulate the production of free radicals
- Induce oxidative stress
- Cause cellular degeneration
Fragile and reactive, sensitive skin is also subject to specific problems relative to the microvasculature of the face responsible for the onset of redness.
A global anti-aging action, both inside and out
To keep your skin looking young for a long time, create your own beauty ritual by doing the following:
Eat a balanced diet, rich in:
- Antioxidants (berries, apples, broccoli, etc.)
- Essential fatty acids (nuts, eggs, fatty fish, etc.)
- Trace elements (wheat germ, dairy products, mineral water, etc.)
Lead a healthy life, which involves:
- Doing physical exercise
- Sleeping well
- Not smoking
Take good care of your skin, with:
- Appropriate sun protection (phototype and intensity of exposure)
- Special pampering beauty moments (steam baths, masks, scrubs)
- Anti-aging skincare specifically formulated for sensitive skin