Acne manifests itself by the presence of comedones and pimples. It can take many forms. In all cases, to fight against acne, the use of specific seboregulator skincare products is essential.!
From retentional acne to inflammatory acne
There are different forms of acne. It can first result in the appearance of simple comedones (black and white heads). This is retentional acne. But acne can also be accompanied by pimples and larger lesions. In an oxygen deprived environment, a bacterium naturally present in the skin (called P. acnes) can proliferate and create inflammatory substances that spread in the underlying layers. This is called inflammatory acne. Generally, these two forms coexist: it is mixed acne, which concerns about 60% of acne-prone skin.
Acne: a problem with varied origins.
Several factors contribute to the appearance of acne lesions. This is especially the case of hormonal changes (puberty, premenstrual syndrome, pregnancy, etc.), but also stress and fatigue, which can lead to overproduction of sebum and bacterial proliferation. When sebum can no longer flow normally, the pores of the skin become clogged. Black heads and pimples then appear.
To treat acne: be gentle above all
To overcome acne, it is important to be gentle. It is also necessary to adopt certain essential daily rules:
- Thoroughly cleanse the skin with a gentle product specific to oily skin.
- Use a treating product every day.
- This is the key to a successful treatment. Adopt products adapted to oily skin and in particular non-comedogenic makeup.
- Protect the skin from the sun, which, contrary to popular belief, is an enemy of acne. Do not pop pimples.
- Do not pop pimples. In addition to these measures, a dermatologist may also prescribe certain medicated acne treatments.
- Do not hesitate to talk to them about it.
This article contains only general information. You should always consult a health professional who will advise you best on the treatments and adapted products.