Any type of skin can be sensitive at times. The signs of skin sensitivity vary from person to person, but if your skin is sensitive you may find it reacts poorly to certain makeup and skincare products. It might also change when the weather gets warmer or colder, and need different kinds of care at different times. Discover expert advice from La Roche-Posay on caring for sensitive skin.
A large number of people suffer from over sensitive skin, which makes it difficult for them to find skin care products that will not cause some form of skin irritation. Many things can trigger skin sensitivity, such as environmental changes, sensitivities to ingredients and products as well as internal factors such as stress and eating habits. At La Roche-Posay, we have partnered with dermatologists to develop skin care solutions for sensitive skin that are formulated to reduce the appearance of skin redness and itching. To avoid skin irritation on face, try the fragrance and paraben free Toleriane Ultra, our best face moisturizer for sensitive skin, and Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream, our best cleanser for sensitive skin. All our sensitive skin care products are formulated with soothing antioxidant thermal spring water. Also discover our hand care products for sensitive skin, to sooth and repair damaged and dry hands.
What to use for sensitive skin?
Choosing skincare for sensitive skin can be difficult. Often times, harsh skincare will aggravate sensitive skin. Luckily, La Roche-Posay has teamed up with dermatologists to create a sensitive skin care line that is gentle enough to treat and soothe irritable skin. The gentle cleanser for sensitive skin, Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser, will wash out impurities without leaving skin dry and irritated. The Toleriane line also has a face moisturizer for sensitive skin to soothe and hydrate your face. This moisturizer for sensitive skin contains a prebiotic formula to repair skin barriers. The Toleriane range also contains facial cleansers and a micellar solution.
How to know if I have sensitive skin?
There are a few ways in which you can find out you have sensitive skin:
- Brush your fingers along the surface of your skin. If it turns red right away, you most likely have a sensitive skin type.
- Pay close attention to how your skin reacts to products. If your skin feels tingly or burns after using most products then that is another sign. Try opting for specifically gentle products like cleansers and creams for sensitive skin.
- Sensitive skin also reacts quickly to harsh weather and environmental conditions, monitor how your skin looks and feels in the cold or extreme heat.
How to take care of sensitive skin in summer?
For people with sensitive skin, it is extremely important to protect it from the damages caused by UV rays. Before going out in the sun, make sure you follow these ways of protecting your skin:
- Use a face cream for sensitive skin that contains SPF. La Roche-Posay’s Anthelios range contains the XL Dry Touch gel-cream suitable for sensitive skin types.
- Opt for mineral sunscreens such as the Anthelios Mineral collection, as opposed to those containing chemical filters which tend to be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Use fragrance-free sun care products
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours or so for efficient sun protection
on all orders
With credit cards or PayPal
Newsletter Sign Up
Point of sale
SIGN-UP TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT OUR EXCLUSIVE OFFERS.